Friday, May 18, 2007

Rummage Saling & Kite Flying

I recently learned that Lydia is quite a kite flyer. She got her kite off the ground without much trouble at all. She let me hold onto it for awhile once she got it up in the air. I was glad she did because I wanted to see if flying a kite felt like I remembered...it did. Reminded me of being a kid and it was pretty exciting actually.

I'm keeping on track with my marathon training:
Sun., 5/12: Ran 10 miles/2 hours & 3 min
Tues., 5/14: Walked 3.5 miles/1 hour
Wed., 5/15: Ran 6 miles/53 min.
Thurs., 5/17: Ran 6.6 miles, 70 min.
Friday., 5/18: Walked 3.6 miles/60 min.
Tomorrow morning is my long run day.

Rummage saling season is upon us in Wisconsin. Going to rummages is like Christmas for me. It's so exciting because you never know what goodies you are going to find. Yesterday on a run I had to circle back around to a rummage I could not pass by without stopping at. I'm so glad that I did. I ended up with a box of Legacy magazines (16 in all). Legacy magazine appears to be another cool magazine by Stampington & Company. The articles I've read so far are not surfacey blah but really meaningful and well written. The combinations of materials they use in the projects pictured throughout could be used on all sorts of altered art projects (I am pretty fired up lately about this style).

Hoping to post some pictures of my projects soon! We are going to see Shrek 3 tonight...looking forward to the popcorn!

No comments:

Post a Comment