Wednesday, May 9, 2007

Crafts on the Brain

I potted the pet grass and the flower Lydia brought home from school in the pots she painted and I have them displayed by my kitchen sink. I love them. We picked up saucers at the craft store last night and she painted them to match (picture was taken before they were finished). The life of the flower is questionable. I thought I was doing a good thing this afternoon when I put 2 food sticks in the soil but to my surprise, when Lydia saw the flower after school her crying alerted me to the fact that it looks near death. :-(

Blogging has made me realize that I always seem to have way more than a few craft projects going at one time. I say this because I realized I forgot to mention the altered book I have on my agenda and the dividers I want to make for the binder I keep my notes in for work. My mind is always thinking about what I can craft next. I see no harm in that. Lots of things don't ever get done but even so, it's still fun to think of things I could do.

I work from home and today I was thinking about how much I appreciate being able to do my job and mount rubber stamps at the same time. I don't think I'd survive in the office if I had to go back. I am thankful that God has blessed me with this work arrangement.

I have a minor setback in my wall of art project. I painted a window frame and now have decided I don't like the color so I need to repaint it. I have the paint and hopefully can get to work on that tonight yet, otherwise tomorrow.

So, I ran intervals at the track yesterday--run one lap, walk 1/2 a lap, repeat. I got in 2.25 miles before school got out and we had to head to ballet so I walked another mile while Lydia did ballet. This evening I did 5.3 miles and it took me 54 minutes. After the first 15 minutes something happened that seems to occur once in awhile and I haven't figured out why. I got really light headed and felt like I was going to faint so I ran/walked a few laps thinking I may have to give it up for the day but I pushed myself and kept going and then my energy came back and I was able to run like usual for the rest of the time. I ate breakfast and lunch and drank water today so I don't know why I was light headed.

1 comment: