Sunday, May 6, 2007

Hello World

My first blog. I feel like I did when I wrote my first computer program in Pascal which wrote "Hello World" on the monitor. Awkward, but very excited. I have been wanting to start a blog for some time now because I have seen how it can connect you with so many amazing people but have hesitated because I really haven't known what to say. I've decided to stop worrying and to just get on with it.

So I ran 13 miles yesterday in about 2 hours and 20 minutes. This has been my longest run so far. I'm in training to run a full marathon in Portland, Oregon, in October (2007). I haven't actually registered for this marathon yet. I have registered for a walking marathon on June 2nd and my thought is that I will wait to see what I think about running a marathon after I complete walking one first. The marathon in Portland is somewhat of an expensive commitment because I live in Wisconsin and will have to come up with funds to get there, so that's my reason for wanting to be very certain I'm ready for the Portland marathon before signing my name on the dotted line.

Besides running, one of my other passions is crafting. I love to make things and get a lot of joy and energy from both running and crafting. I plan to share my projects with you as I work on them. It's awfully late now though so I will have to pick up with this another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment