Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Point Bock Run 2008

My friend Dana (who I ran the Portland marathon with this past October) emailed me today to see if I wanted to join her this year for the Point Bock Run on March 1.  This was just the motivation I needed to step up my running program.  (Thanks Dana!)  It will give me the extra kick I need to step things up a bit.  This is just a 5 mile run but it will be a good start for training for the 1/2 marathons I want to do in May.  Since it's a shorter run I want to train to run it at a faster pace.  Last year I did the Point Bock Run in 48:56 (results).  My goal this year is to improve that to at least 45 minutes.  So the training has begun.  46 days until March 1.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck. I think I'm a ways away from getting into the running game, but I'm thinking of getting into it once my lungs begin to recover:)

    ReplyDelete