Saturday, January 12, 2008

Block of the Month - Block 1


Now that the beginning quilting class is over, I signed up for the block of the month. Each month I'll get a new set of material for a block. In 12 months I am supposed to have completed 12 blocks for a twin size quilt. I could do 2 blocks a month and make a queen but I thought a twin would be a good size for when I am lounging on the couch. There were two quilt options; one was primitive colors, the other black with bold brights. I chose the latter. I spent a few hours at the quilt shop this afternoon and I got this done. While I was there I also cut out the fabric I am going to use for a tote bag I am making. The following picture shows the fabrics I'll be using for that. I came home in time for the Packers vs. Seahawks game but the way things are going in the first 4 minutes (Seahawks 14, Packers 0), I wonder if I shouldn't go back to the quilt shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment