Monday, February 25, 2008

Clever Coasters

It was another crazy day at work today but I balanced it out with a really fast 5 mile run and some sewing. I could hardly wait to pull out my bend-the-rules sewing book by Amy Karol this evening. I bought it back in October when I was in Portland; Saw it on the shelf yesterday and decided to crack it open. I got inspired. After Lydia went to bed this evening I did the Clever Coasters project. We needed some for our bed-side tables. The project called for just two 5 and 1/2 inch pieces of fabric for a coaster but I wanted to use the leftover scraps from the quilt I made recently and I didn't have any pieces left that were that large so I got out my handy dandy calculator and came up with this design. The back of each coaster looks just like the front so I guess you could say they are reversible? The colors will go great in our bedroom. Going to try out my new coasters now. Until next time...happy crafting!

No comments:

Post a Comment