Tuesday, October 6, 2009

More about Berlin and the fall festival

So, more about our trip to Berlin. I'm telling you, if you want to find some cool shabby chic/vintage stuff, the Saving Grace Salvage Company in Berlin is the place to go. It's well organized and they have a wide variety of goodies. My most favorite find was the vintage jewelry! Because...my friend Dawn makes THE MOST beautiful bracelets (and sells them on Etsy by the way) out of this stuff. I scored a bunch of pieces for her (and it just happened to be her birthday) and I was smiling the whole way home, seriously. I didn't take any close-ups of what I got for her and I wish I would have!
We met Simone Lapierre (I am probably really messing up the spelling!) who is a beautiful girl inside and out, I'm telling you, so nice. She was face painting when we met her. Besides being an artist, she is also an actress.
She also helped Lydia make a lantern.

We did some shopping too and Lydia picked out a new outfit for her American Girl.
Saw some chain saw carving...
...and of course, no trip is complete without a stop at Taco Johns!
On the way home Lydia told us she had a lot of fun. I think this is a day Lydia will remember when she gets older because we had a lot of fun as a family.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for the eye-candy there. The festival looks well attended...lol glad you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet. Found your blog link. You spelled correctly, ;) the "P" just needs to be capitalized. Thank you for your kind words. It was such a pleasure to meet yourself, Lydia and her father. What a great family. So glad you enjoyed yourself in Berlin. I am from Chicago, so whenever you are there hit me up for a visit and some crafting!! Also I have fun mask-making workshop in Greenlake,WI this Sunday if you are interesting in joining us. This one is just for adults, maybe I'll do family one just not sure when or where yet.
    Love&Peace Always,
    Simone LaPierre
    slapi85@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete