Thursday, May 29, 2008

Single Tracking

I have not done any crafting lately.  Spare time has been limited and after a long Wisconsin winter when I've had any spare time, I have wanted to get outside to do some single tracking.  These pictures were taken when I went single tracking by myself at Standing Rocks.  I am loving my new bike.  I was pleasantly surprised to learn what a great workout this sport is.  

It's hard to see but there is a brand new fawn underneath this mother.  I didn't want to pause too long and scare the mom too much so the picture is not that great.

I call this the "endo spot" (endo, short for end over) now because coming up this hill I did not go over the step to the right of the tree (hard to tell how deep it is from this angle) but rather when my front tire hit the log the rear wheel came way off the ground and my chest landed on my handle bars which by the way was the only part of my body left touching the bike besides my hands.  I knocked the odometer off the handlebars with my chest, my camera went flying, and I bruised the heck out of my knees when I somehow landed standing up with the bike still under me.  There is quite a drop off to the left of the tree and I was very thankful that the landing wasn't worse than it was.   It was quite an adrenaline rush.

The single tracks I did are one-way so I took this cross-country ski trail back to my truck.  After pedaling up this hill I decided the name of it is more appropriately named for those who are riding/skiing down it.  

Can't wait to go again.

No comments:

Post a Comment