Sunday, May 11, 2008

Cupcake Pincushions

Now these are not finished because I still need to put the cherries (felted balls) on top but I was too excited to share to wait for those to arrive! I ordered the felt balls yesterday and I hope they won't take long to get here. I need to find some more fancy trims too. I have lots of wool now to keep me busy for awhile but I can always use some more fun colors if you run by any sweaters you need to get rid of--wool or otherwise. I scored at a rummage on Saturday and got these 4 wool sweaters for $4. I plan to felt them for more projects I am making from the Warm Fuzzies book.
I held Craft Night at my house on Friday night. Just one person came. On a positive note, I got to know this person a lot better and enjoyed our conversation. My craft room is also very clean and we have a lot of yummy double chocolate cookies I made for all the girls I thought would come. Also, I finished sewing the binding on my quilt so it is DONE! On the down side, dang, it was a lot of work to prepare for everyone and I was so excited to spend time with the girls to do crafting and socialize so when only one person came I was pretty bummed. I am going to plan another night and give it another try. If I get a similar turnout, I may have to give up on the Craft Nights but I hope it doesn't come to that because Craft Nights would be so much fun.

5 comments:

  1. Your pincushions are so cute. They look good enough to eat. Sorry about your craft night. Hopefully I can make it to your next one. It's hard to plan anything though when I am working a rotating shift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I lived closer I would come to your craft night! I think I would love it. You do the coolest things.

    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having craft night! I enjoyed it a lot. It was great getting to know you better! Let's do it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I STILL WANT TO COME TO CRAFT NIGHT!!! I am pretty sure next time I won't be in Florida:)

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally got to your blog...great job! You are a woman of so many talents!

    ReplyDelete