Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Craft Withdrawal

I am having craft withdrawal!! I must craft soon! I have been putting in a lot of hours at work and more hours working equals less hours crafting unfortunately. Thankfully I have a VERY wonderful husband who keeps up with the laundry and the dishes.

I did get out this past Sunday after church and a much needed massage (ahhhhhh...a gift from that wonderful husband) to pick up this fabric for a baby blanket I am going to make for a friend who is expecting. The blanket is one of the projects in the bend-the-rules Sewing book by Amy Karol which I mentioned a couple posts back.
Lydia and I visited with my grandma today and we were given this bowl made by my aunt. My aunt is a very talented quilter and she has been using her scraps (I think) to make several of these bowls. I love the colors in this one (orange is my favorite color). Very cool bowl isn't it? I don't know how she sews these on her machine (the bowl is thick) and I hope to find out because I would like to make one of these.

1 comment: