Sunday, December 9, 2007

Holiday Baking



I had a lot of fun with my cousin and sister today while doing some holiday baking. We made at least 12 recipes it seems like. I am not sure. I lost count. The first image is a picture of the owl cookies we made. The picture isn't that great but I think they turned out pretty cute. This particular guy seems to be missing an ear.

It's going to be a busy week. I am nearly done with the scarf I am knitting Lydia and want to finish it for Christmas. I have lots of quilting to get done before my next class on the 18th. I am at the point where I need to decide how I want to place all of the blocks and then sew them together. I am considering going with Lydia to a beading class this Thursday. Then, I was watching Martha Stewart earlier this week and they made this cute pop-up Christmas card that I want to try to make.

I was seriously considering these Singer sewing and knitting machines for Lydia for Christmas this year. She is 6 and may be old enough but I don't know if she has the patience or perhaps attention span yet. I tried to teach her how to stitch on plastic canvas this weekend and she didn't seem to be able to focus long enough on it to pick it up. I think she was interested but just wanted to know how to do it without focusing, if that makes any sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment